“My experience with Helm orthodontics was nothing but professional from the time I stepped in the door. At my consultation, Dr. Helm listened to what concerns I had with my teeth and provided a detailed analysis of what should be done. If you are looking for a kind, professional orthodontist, I highly recommend Dr. Helm.” -Stacey Q.
Every smile created by Dr. Nathan Helm starts with a free evaluation and consultation. The decision to have orthodontic care is important, so we want to provide you an opportunity to have all your questions answered and experience being part of our orthodontic family. At your first visit, you will work closely with our treatment coordinator who will explain everything and walk you through each step of the process (think of her as your orthodontic concierge!).
Here’s what to expect:
- A tour of our office
- Digital photos of your teeth and smile
- A digital X-ray (if it’s not available from your dentist)
- Your time with Dr. Helm will include a thorough examination, discussion of your concerns and goals for your treatment, and an opportunity to ask any questions. Dr. Helm will determine:
- Is orthodontic treatment needed?
- When is the ideal time to start orthodontic treatment?
- What are the best treatment options to accomplish your treatment goals?
- How long will treatment take?
- Financial consultation: a discussion of your out-of-pocket investment after any orthodontic insurance benefits and creation of your individualized payment arrangements, including convenient no-interest monthly payment plan options.
- Insurance consultation: our team will check with your insurance prior to your appointment so that we can help you understand your available benefits, how they work, and the best way to maximize those benefits for your orthodontic care.
- What’s the next step? Our treatment coordinator will explain and schedule your next appointments in our office. She will even help coordinate visits with your general dentist or other dental specialist if this is needed.
We recommend the following to get the most out of your consultation appointment:
- Before your visit, download and fill out the health history form. You can send it to us electronically through our secure portal or print it off and bring it with you to your consultation appointment.
- Provide us with your orthodontic insurance information so that we can check your specific plan benefits for you and inform you of your insurance benefits the day of your consultation appointment.
- Write down any questions that you have, and bring them to your appointment.
- For children, we recommend both parents be present at the consultation appointment if possible in order to best understand Dr. Helm’s recommendations, ask questions, and be involved in any necessary decision making for your child.
If you have further questions about your first visit to Helm Orthodontics, or to schedule your new patient appointment with our orthodontist in Denver, Colorado, please contact us at 303.371.0371 or click here to request an appointment.