There are three types of professionals that can provide you orthodontic treatment: Dentists, Orthodontists, and Board Certified Orthodontists. As a patient, it is important for you to choose a professional that has proven they can provide the highest quality of orthodontic care possible. Only a Board Certified Orthodontist has done this by completing the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO) Certification. Here’s what you should know about ABO Certification:
- Only 1 in 3 orthodontists have completed their Board Certification. Completing the ABO certification process signifies a unique achievement.
- Board certification is a voluntary achievement that requires significant effort and expertise to pursue.
- Board certification is a rigorous 3-part process consisting of written testing, oral testing, and oral defense before a panel of examiners of cases treated and finished to the high standards of the American Board of Orthodontics. To successfully complete the process an orthodontist must demonstrate actual accomplishments in patient care over a broad range of patient problems.
- The American Board of Orthodontics is the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontists.
- For more information about American Board of Orthodontics and Board Certification, please visit americanboardortho.com.
Dr. Nathan Helm is proud to have completed his Board Certification in 2011 and re-certification in 2021. Doing so was a pinnacle personal and professional accomplishment that demonstrates his high level of commitment to the profession and to his patients, as well as exemplifies his commitment to stay up-to-date with the latest advances in patient care.
Dr. Helm is the only private practice, board certified orthodontist in Green Valley Ranch and surrounding communities, Northeast Denver, and Northeast Aurora. He would love the opportunity to speak with you about the benefits of orthodontic treatment for you or your child. To schedule your free consultation, call Helm Orthodontics at 303.371.0371. We look forward to meeting you!