“The results Dr. Helm has achieved for my daughter are outstanding, and I am extremely satisfied. It’s obvious that he cares very much and wants to achieve the best possible outcomes.” -Beth G.
The benefits of orthodontic treatment can truly last a lifetime making it a great investment at any age. Healthy teeth are vital to one’s quality of life. A lifetime of tooth pain or tooth problems is costly and miserable. In addition to health, the confidence of a beautiful smile is hard to measure when it comes to smiling for prom, your wedding, or your first job interview. In fact, multiple studies have shown that people who smile more and smile big tend to actually live longer! Ok, we can’t make any quarantees there, but no doubt smiling is the universal way of saying hello, thank you, and expressing your happiness. Straight teeth and a beautiful smile can provide many lifetime benefits no matter if you’re young or old:
- Esthetic appearance of your teeth and smile influence first impressions. Straight teeth and a beautiful smile can open social and professional doors throughout life.
- Positive psychological effects can profoundly impact how you feel about yourself and the confidence and self-esteem that you carry with you through your daily life.
- Healthier teeth and gums are possible since straight teeth eliminate the hard-to-reach places in your mouth that are tough to brush and floss. This can reduce your risk of developing cavities and periodontal (gum) disease over time. Research is now showing that inflammation of the gums (gingivitis and gum disease) can negatively affect other parts and processes in your body, specifically your heart health. Click here to learn more.
- Alignment of your jaws and bite improving your ability to chew and function properly. Proper function of this complex system of jaw joints and muscles allow them to work in harmony and comfort.
- Reduced wear and tear of your teeth over time caused by an unhealthy biting relationship. Such wear and tear can cause weak, fragile, severely worn, or even broken teeth as well as loss of supporting bone and gum tissue caused by unhealthy amounts of forces or stress placed on them.
- Preparation for successful restorative treatment with your general dentist. Placing your teeth in their correct positions sets the foundation for more successful restorative treatment later if it is planned. This may include replacement of missing teeth with implants or bridges as well as esthetic restoration of front teeth with crowns or veneers.
To learn more about how orthodontic treatment would benefits you, your child, or a family member call our office in Denver, Colorado, to schedule a free consultation with board-certified orthodontist, Dr. Nathan Helm. Call 303.371.0371 or click here to schedule. We look forward to meeting you!